Since my last post, Jeffrey flew out to meet us in the West. He flew to Las Vegas and then drove to St. George, Utah where we met up and stayed at his parent's vacation home. It was HOT. I mean REALLY HOT. So, we only went out doors if we were going straight to the pool. But, we enjoyed eating at Cafe Rio, bowling, lots of swimming, seeing Annie at the Touacan, and attending the "Sunset" Ward -- where, literally, we were the only people at church who did not receive social security benefits.
Then, we made our way back to Salt Lake for one day, left the kids with Jeffrey's mom and drove to Idaho for two days, returned to my parents in Alpine and Jeffrey's parents in Sandy for a few days of swimming, family gatherings, family pictures, etc. Then, Jeffrey and Mia drove to Lake Powell at the other southern corner of Utah for several days on the houseboat, just to make it back for two days of my family reunion. Jeffrey then (after complaining to me that for some reason he did not feel that his "vacation" was very relaxing) flew back to DC on Saturday, spent a full day at church on Sunday, and then flew to Nashville for the week. The following weekend I got back home, spent a week, got sick, still packed up the family, and we left last week for the Outer Banks in North Carolina. We returned on Saturday.
If criss-crossing the country and changing time zones and not having any semblance of a schedule for eight weeks wouldn't have done it, the lack of air conditioning when I got home turned my body and brain to mush. I spent several days sticky, sweaty, hot and grouchy as we all tried to readjust. Thankfully, the house is now cool -- because let me tell you, this week in Virginia is HOT and HUMID!
The goal for the next two weeks before school starts is simple: we have got to rediscover a schedule. It is going to be Bedtime Bootcamp at the Merchants. Wish us luck...
2 comments:
Hey! My sister-in-law and nephew were in that production of Annie. How fun!
As for boot camp...lol!
Where do I sign up...and what time should I bring my kids over?
Post a Comment