Wednesday, November 14, 2012

May

May is such a crazy, busy time of year.

We began the month with a trip down to Utah for a bridal shower and visit with our newest niece.

Then, we had all of the year-end activities.

Maggie finished her spring soccer season.  I was impressed with her progress in just a couple of months.  This is the first time she has expressed any interest in playing sports, and for my girly-girl I did not know how it would go.  She loved the experience.  She played hard, and by the last couple of games she was no longer running around on the periphery, but really getting into the thick of the game.  Her coaches were amazing, and we are already excited that she can play with the same team again in the fall.









I had my final dance class.  I based the presentation on Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  The art, dances, decor and refreshments turned out darling -- if I say so myself.  If only I had not had one dancer who was out of town, one who was extra tired, and my own daughter (who is usually the most reliable) who hit herself in the eye with a rhythm stick halfway through and then hid under the ottoman for most of the rest of the performance!  Elsie Jane did love the cupcakes though!



Maggie finished ballet and had her recital.  She is a truly  graceful dancer.



 Elsie Jane finished her first half-year of preschool.  She was invited to participate in a co-op with some other girls in our ward, and she loved the chance to make friends and go to "school" like her sisters.  We had a final trip to the zoo, which was well-timed as Elsie was begging me for a date.  We went to the zoo, ran some errands, and went out to lunch together.  Elsie Jane was darling -- she did this funny little dance while eating her french fries.  Oh so much personality packed into a little body!

                                         






The girls' school had their spring carnival where Maggie proudly beat out fifth and sixth graders in the hula hooping contest.  I think that a few were a little surprised by this kindergartener's moves!


We also spent Memorial Day weekend in McCall with our good friends, the Smiths.




I went on a field trip with Mia's class and organized an end of the year party.  Since I taught art in her class all year, I also used our final art lesson to put together this collage of all the student's signatures.  I had it printed on t-shirts for all of the kids to tie dye at the party and then had it printed up on canvas for an end of the year gift for Mia's teacher.

Maggie had her kindergarten "graduation."  She loved her teacher, Mrs. Marlowe.




No comments: