Monday, June 8, 2009

Maggie Makes Friends


This last fall Maggie's only friend went off to school all day. Knowing she would be lonely and that it was time for her to make some friends of her own, I organized a playgroup for her.

Every week the kids would go to a different home. They had a half an hour dance class, free play time, snack, stories, crafts and other activities.

It took almost all year for Maggie to not panic, cling to me, and bawl when I dropped her off. It took half the year for the kids to learn the routine, participate, and sit quietly. But, as we had our final playgroup last week, I was so impressed with how much they have all grown up.

And, I am so happy with the darling friends that Maggie has made. I love that they know each other, enjoy one another's company, and that they are even excited to see me at church and other places. They are just so dang cute.

This last week we braved the rain for a "field trip" and picnic at Frying Pan park. We had to find shelter in which to eat our lunch. But, it was an adventure and the kids enjoyed the animals.





2 comments:

Jer, Er and kids said...

So cute! And leave it to you to have such an organized play group. I am very impressed, and so glad Maggie has some cute fun friends!

Jen said...

Such cute pictures!
Emily- Thank you so much for organizing playgroup and inviting us to participate. It has been so fun. Emmy has loved every minute of it.