Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wild Rumpus Season Part II B: Elsie's World




Next up, two days after Mia's birthday: Elsie Jane's Second Birthday!

The biggest hit was the huge Elmo balloon and the Elmo cake that I made her. I have never seen anyone so excited about a cake! She tested him out, leaving a chunk missing from the right side of his chin -- look closely, you will see it.

Of course, she needed lots of help from her sisters to blow out the candles and open her presents. At least, she got a lot of help; I am not certain she had much choice in the matter.

So, in keeping with the theme of Elsie's birthday...
La, la, la, la...
La, la, la, la...
Elsie's world...

La, la, la, la...
La, la, la, la...
Elsie's world...

Elsie loves:

her sisters
(always trying to keep up with them);

dance class with mommy
(she walks around the house all the time saying, "tick tock like a clock");

riding bikes;

cars and trucks
(in fact, that is what we got her for her birthday a big construction truck -- she loves it!);

Gossie
(her favorite book about a gosling who wears bright red boots, which relates to...);

wearing boots and fluffy tulle "dancing" skirts;

singing the Wheels on the Bus;

Sister and Brother Cherry
(her nursery leaders);

eating cheese, berries, noodles;

lollipops & cupcakes
(both of which she pronounces so adorably well);

climbing
(she can get in and out of her crib, onto the counters, and anywhere else she wants);

the park
(fearlessly will climb up the tallest slide and come down squealing);

the tub and swimming;

getting into everything
(I can't get a thing done with her around anymore. She climbs on the counters and unloads the dishes or helps herself to food when I work in the kitchen. She climbs in the dishwasher and unloads it faster than I can unload it. She climbs on my lap or the computer table and adds lots of extra letters and commands to my computer work. She climbs on the tub next to the sink and tries out all of my toiletries while I blow my hair dry. And so forth, all day long. Thank heavens she still naps!);

and, of course,
ELMO !
(She discovered TV only in the last 2 months, but she is completely smitten with Elmo now, or "melmo" as she says.)

Happiest second birthday wishes to Elisabeth Jane! I could not love anyone more!

1 comment:

Meet Ellie said...

emily i love all your new posts! the girls have grown up even since i was there! i can't wait to see you this next week! and i am glad all the birthdays went well, that you all got through it, and that your race went so well! love you!