Sunday, November 7, 2010

What?!?

You mean I have a blog?

Are you sure?

One that I actually write on? And, update regularly?

People read my blog?

Are you sure?

Hmmmm....that's interesting. Because lately life has been so full and busy I have not even thought about blogging.

I think at some point in the past I used to walk around during the days with all sorts of ideas in my head about things to write, excited to sit down and chronicle my life. I think. Or, maybe I just dreamed that.

In any case, I am not that person lately. My writer's brain has been turned off.

Instead, I feel like every day is a marathon. I get up; I go, and I hope I don't run out of steam before the end. Yet, still, most days I am only about 50% as productive as I would like to be.

Oh well.

So, instead of blogging lately, here is some of what I have been doing:

Young Women's stuff for church -- planned Young Women in Excellence event, made a DVD, put together a brochure, set up, took down; attended meetings and activities and more meetings...

Teaching dance classes -- Thursdays I teach two classes for preschoolers. We dance, sing, move, read, do art. It is fun; the girls are darling, but completely consumes my Thursdays.

Sewing -- I made a baptism dress for Mia, skirts (with matching one's for their dolls) for each of the girls [supposed to be for Christmas, but they may get them early for family pictures], one of three Christmas dresses, lots of mending, two witch costumes for Halloween. But, I still need to do two Christmas dresses, two quilts, doll aprons and dresses, and accessories for the doll cabinets I am making my girls for Christmas. Can I finish?

Training -- running a half marathon in Richmond this weekend. Wish me luck, with company, and a cold, and our crazy schedules I don't feel as prepared as I would like, but I did 10 on Saturday, so I figure, what's 3 more...

Taxiing -- ballet on Mon and Thurs, piano on Weds, soccer on Thurs and Sat, Maggie and Mia to and from school every day, groceries, playdates. No wonder my van looks as though I have forsaken my house and just live in it!

Cooking -- trying to support Jeffrey on his diet with power cooking every Sunday night. A week's worth of meals is handy, but takes a few hours! Plus, meals for me and the girls. Dishes never seem to end.

Cleaning -- it just never ends.

Working in the yard, sightseeing and shopping with my sister, birthday shopping, celebrating Halloween, parent teacher conferences, finishing reading the Book of Mormon, updating finances...

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I read your blog! Of course, I am overcome with guilt and shame every time I read about all you accomplish! That's when I close the browser and slink off to my messy house and list of un-done things without leaving a comment. Two thumbs up to you for working so hard!

Jer, Er and kids said...

Give yourself some credit!!! You accomplish a ton...more than I EVER do! I wish I had ambition to sew...but I don't right now! So excited it is November because we are closer to seeing you guys! Love ya tons!!!